Andy Rourke Cause of Deth: What illness Did the Bassist Suffer?

Publish date: 2024-05-06

English musician Andy Rourke is best known for playing bass in the rock group the Smiths. He was renowned for his musical bass-playing style. The American city of New York D.A.R.K.

Andy Rourke the bassist who gave the Smiths one of the most influential bands of the 1980s, the power and will pursue their darkly poetic meditations, pἀssed away on Friday (19 May 2023) in Manhattan. He was 59. A representative said he dἰed from pancreatic cἀncer at Memorial Sloan Kettering Center.

Morrissey, the lead singer for the Smiths, declared on his website, “He will never dἰe as long as his music is heard. He didn’t ever know his own power, and nothing that he played had been played by someone else.”

In The Smiths’ 1980s records, Marr claimed that “Andy reinvented what it is to be a bass guitar player.”

Rourke created pulsating lines brimming with the melody for his bass sections, performing a kind of musical alchemy that was an excellent counterpoint to Marr’s buzzing guitars and Morrissey’s singing. You could always rely on the former to lead you home if you got lost while attempting to follow either of the latter.

Rourke worked on various projects after The Smiths split up, including performances alongside Marr and Morrissey during their separate musical careers. Additionally, he shared the stage with musicians like Sinéad O’Connor, Badly Drawn Boy, and Peter Hook, the bassist for New Order.

andy rourke cause of death

Rourke Discussed the Emotions Found in the Smiths’ Songs

The Smiths only existed from 1982 to 1987, during which time they produced four excellent albums at a fast pace that Rourke later identified as one of the key reasons the group couldn’t continue.

According to Rourke, who described the band’s beginnings to MOJO magazine, he first studied classical guitar. Subsequently, he switched to bass after learning that the bassist in an early band he played in with Marr could only play one song: “Don’t Believe A Word” by Thin Lizzy.

Rourke admitted, “I just got really into it. I started listen-ing to Stanley Clarke and, dare I say, Level 42 – though not for very long. I was just pushing the boundaries, seeing where I could take it,” which includes a love of jazz and funk.

Rourke claimed that there was a natural rivalry between him and drummer Mike Joyce when they performed with The Smiths. The two didn’t talk much for the first year.

Rourke said, “It created quite a dynamic but aggressive sound. Even on the quiet ones there’s some kind of angst there between us, so not talking much probably helped us. There was nothing contrived about it. We were duelling off each other.”

As word spread of Rourke’s deἀth, Joyce tweeted, “Andy’s left the building, but his musical legacy is perpetual. I miss you so much already. Forever in my heart mate.”

Not only the most talented bass player I’ve ever had the privilege to play with but the sweetest, funniest lad I’ve ever met. Andy’s left the building, but his musical legacy is perpetual. I miss you so much already. Forever in my heart mate.

— Mike Joyce (@mikejoycedrums) May 19, 2023

In our below posts, we covered the cause of the deἀth of stars. If you want to know about their demἰse, you can check it out:

Marr Grieves About His Lifelong Friend

Marr posted on Instagram that “Andy will always be remembered as a kind and beautiful soul by everyone who knew him, and as a supremely gifted musician by people who love music..”

When Marr announced Rourke’s pἀssing, he added, “Andy and I met as schoolboys in 1975. We were best friends, going everywhere together.”

According to Marr, he moved in with Rourke at the age of 15. Before collaborating with Morrissey and Joyce in The Smiths, the two buddies played in a number of bands in the Manchester region.

Marr said, “Andy and I spent all our time studying music, having fun, and working on becoming the best musicians we could possibly be.”

He remarked that Rourke’s bass playing was “an absolute privilege” to see. Marr said, “Well done Andy. We’ll miss you brother.”

If you are interested in reading about more details of other celebrities’ pἀssing and cause of deἀth then you can be with us on our Twitter account.

ncG1vNJzZmiulaPBtr7Eo6alrF6YvK57kWlpbGdganxzfI6apZ2xXae8tr7KnmScmaWosm67xWabnpmknXw%3D