Ukhozi FM Sports Presenter Passed Away

Publish date: 2024-05-07

Irvin Sihlophe, a well-known and respected sports presenter at Ukhozi FM, has passed away at the age of 43. He died on November 10, 2023, after suffering a stroke at his home in Durban on November 3, 2023. He was hospitalized for a week before his death.

Sihlophe was a veteran broadcaster who worked for Ukhozi FM for almost two decades. He started his career in the religious department and later moved to the education program, where he produced and presented various shows. He was also a versatile DJ who could cover different genres of music and entertainment.

Irvin was a passionate and dedicated journalist who loved sports and culture. He was known for his insightful and engaging commentary on various sporting events, especially soccer. He was also a mentor and a friend to many of his colleagues and listeners.

Ukhozi FM’s business manager, S’bongi Ngcobo, announced Sihlophe’s death on the station’s morning show on November 10, 2023. She expressed her condolences to his family, friends, and fans. She said that Sihlophe was a humble and hardworking man who did many tasks without asking for compensation. She said that he will be remembered for his contribution to broadcasting and education.

Many people have paid tribute to Sihlophe on social media, including his fellow broadcasters, celebrities, politicians, and sports personalities. They have praised him for his professionalism, talent, and personality. They have also shared their memories and experiences with him.

See Also:- Fallon Nodecker Obituary & Cause Of Death: What Happened to Mohawk Valley Community College Student?

Some of the messages are as follows:

“It is with great sadness that we have learnt of the passing of our colleague and friend, Irvin Sihlophe. He was a brilliant sports presenter and a wonderful human being. He will be sorely missed by all of us at Ukhozi FM and the SABC. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family and loved ones. May his soul rest in peace.” – Ukhozi FM Official Twitter Account.

“I am deeply saddened by the news of Irvin Sihlophe’s passing. He was a legend in the sports broadcasting industry and a role model to many young journalists. He was always friendly, helpful, and respectful. He had a great sense of humor and a warm smile. He was a true professional and a gentleman. I had the privilege of working with him on several occasions and I learned a lot from him. He was a brother to me and I will miss him dearly. My heartfelt condolences to his family, friends, and colleagues. May God comfort them in this difficult time. Rest in peace, Irvin.” – Robert Marawa, Sports Journalist and TV Presenter.

“What a sad day for South African sports and media. We have lost one of our finest and most talented sports presenters, Irvin Sihlophe. He was a master of his craft and a joy to listen to. He had a wealth of knowledge and a passion for sports, especially soccer. He was also a cultural activist and a proud Zulu man. He was a friend and a mentor to many of us in the sports fraternity. He was always humble, kind, and generous. He was a legend and a hero. My deepest sympathy to his family, friends, and colleagues. May his soul rest in eternal peace.” – Lucas Radebe, Former Bafana Bafana Captain and Soccer Analyst.

“I am heartbroken by the passing of Irvin. He was one of the best sports presenters in the country and a great ambassador for Ukhozi FM and the SABC. He was a consummate professional and a charismatic personality. He was also a loyal and supportive friend. He always encouraged me and gave me advice. He was like a big brother to me and I loved him. He was a star and a legend. My sincere condolences to his family, friends, and colleagues. May his spirit live on in our hearts and minds. Rest in peace, Irvin.” – Pearl Thusi, Actress and TV Host

Irvin Sihlophe’s funeral details have not been announced yet. His family has requested privacy and respect during this time of grief. He is survived by his wife and two children.

Irvin Sihlophe was a remarkable and influential sports presenter who touched many lives with his voice and his personality. He was a dedicated and respected journalist who made a difference in the media and education sectors. He was a loving and caring husband, father, son, brother, and friend. He was a shining star and a legend. He will be greatly missed and fondly remembered by all who knew him.

May his soul rest in peace.

Source: News Unzip

ncG1vNJzZmivp6x7r7HWrKynspmle6S7zGimm6Gkqq6zxY6iqa%2BhnmLAqrTLqKehnV2ZsqLAx2aamq2jmnqiusNmppuhpKqus8WMrqKhp6qeeqe5jKynqKqkqHqxvsSsnKeslad6sa3SrJydZZGsrrp7