Asim Jamil, son of Tariq Jameel, shot dead in home town Tulamba

Publish date: 2024-05-08

Mian Channu, Khanewal – In a heart-wrenching and tragic incident, Asim Jamil, the son of renowned Islamic scholar Maulana Tariq Jamil, was shot dead on Sunday. The incident occurred in Tulamba Tehsil, located in the Khanewal district of Punjab.

Maulana Tariq Jamil confirmed the Asim Jamil’s death news in a post on social media platform, Twitter, and wrote,

“My son Asim Jameel passed away in Talamba today. This accidental death made the atmosphere mournful. We request you all to remember us in your prayers on this sad occasion. May Allah grant my son a high place in Jannat al-Firdous.”

انا للہ وانا الیہ راجعون

آج تلمبہ میں میرے بیٹے عاصم جمیل کا انتقال ہوگیا ہے. اس حادثاتی موت نے ماحول کو سوگوار بنا دیا۔ آپ سب سے گزارش ہے کہ اس غم کے موقع پر ہمیں اپنی دعاؤں میں یاد رکھیں. اللہ میرے فرزند کو جنت الفردوس میں اعلیٰ مقام عطا فرمائے۔

— Tariq Jamil (@TariqJamilOFCL) October 29, 2023

According to preliminary reports, Asim Jamil’s lifeless body was swiftly transported to Tulamba Hospital, while the local authorities have initiated an investigation into the incident.

Mian Channu Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) Mohammad Saleem said, “Asim Jamil shot himself in the chest and later pronounced dead at the Tulamba Hospital.”

Meanwhile, further police investigation of the incident has been initiated. The police statement added that Khanewal DPO and other senior police officers are present at the crime scene and evidence has been collected.

Ex-PM of Pakistan Shehbaz Sharif extended his condolences and solidarity to the bereaved family.

“I express my deepest condolences to Maulana Tariq Jameel and his family on the death of their son Asim Jameel last year. We all share your grief over this accident. Indeed, this is an unbearable grief. Our prayers and sympathies are with you. May Allah grant the deceased a high place in His mercy and give patience to the family. Amen”

مولانا طارق جمیل صاحب اور ان کے اہل خانہ سے جواں سال فرزند عاصم جمیل کی وفات پر دلی دکھ اور افسوس کا اظہار کرتا ہوں۔ اس حادثے پر ہم سب آپ کے غم میں شریک ہیں۔ یقیناً یہ ایک ناقابل برداشت غم ہے۔ ہماری دعائیں اور ہمدردیاں آپ کے ساتھ ہیں۔ اللہ تعالیٰ مرحوم کو اپنے جوار رحمت میں بلند…

— Shehbaz Sharif (@CMShehbaz) October 29, 2023

This heartrending incident has left the community in shock and mourning, and further details surrounding the circumstances of the shooting are awaited as the investigation unfolds.

ncG1vNJzZmiin5fAo7vTrGWcp51krrS1zGahmqWZoXq0u81mpp9lpJa%2Fqr2Mo5imnZWherS0zq1knZ2RmXqquoyhpqadXam8uLqMraylmZ2XrnA%3D